This Policy governs the information we collect about you and your use of information we provide to you. By accepting this Policy, you expressly consent to our use and disclosure of your personal information in a manner prescribed in this Policy. You acknowledge this by using the Site.
In this policy:
- Personal Information has the meaning given under the Privacy Act.
- Privacy Act means the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- Related Entities has the same meaning as under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and includes our franchisees.
- Sensitive Information has the same meaning as under the Privacy Act.
The meaning of any general language is not restricted by any accompanying example and the words ‘includes’, ‘including’, ‘such as’, ‘for example’ or similar words are not words of limitation.
INFORMATION ABOUT CHILDREN
Children (persons under the age of 18 years) are not eligible to use our services unsupervised and we ask that children not submit any personal information to us. If you are under the age of 18 years, you can browse the Site only in conjunction with and under the supervision of your parents or guardians.
It is the responsibility of parents to monitor their children’s use of our Site.
PART A – The Public Generally
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safer experience. We only collect personal information about you that we consider necessary for this purpose and to achieve this goal.
You are under no obligation to provide us with this information and can access many aspects of the Site without providing us with any personal information.
When you visit this website, we can record certain information in relation to your visit such as:
- Your IP or proxy server IP;
- Basic domain information;
- Your Internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection;
- The date and time of your visit to the website;
- The length of your session;
- The pages which you have accessed;
- The number of times you access our site within any month;
- The size of file you look at;
- The website which referred you to our website; and
- The operating system which your computer uses.
This information is only used for statistical and website development purposes.
Various pages on this Site invite you to provide us your name and contact details, for example, to go onto our mailing list for our newsletter enter competitions, or to enable us to provide you with site related services such as notifications.
If you use our Site’s feedback and support forms, you are asked to provide your name, organisation, title, address, email address and telephone number. Superfish will not otherwise collect information from you through this Site unless you knowingly provide it to us.
By voluntarily providing information to us when using the Site, you are consenting to the collection and use of your personal information by us.
The Site uses session cookies, which are used only during a browsing session, and expire when you quit your browser. Upon closing your browser, the session cookie set by this Site is destroyed and no personal information is maintained which might identify you should you visit our Site at a later date.
If you choose to use our Site, we collect information about your buying and selling behaviour. This information is only used for statistical and website development purposes.
USE OF INFORMATION AND DISCLOSURE
Superfish will only use the information it collects through the Site for the following purposes:
- Forwarding important information relating to Superfish activities and other requested information;
- Contacting you in response to your feedback or query to discuss our services;
- Monitoring Site performance;
- Improving our Site and services to you;
- Internal administration; and
- Other purposes that are in accordance with your instructions.
Superfish will not give, sell, trade or otherwise disclose any personal information about you to a third party unless:
- You have provided us with your consent; or
- We are required to do so by law.
ACCESS AND /OR CORRECTION OF YOUR DETAILS
Australian Privacy Principle 6 of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) allows you to get access to, and correct, the Personal Information we hold about you in certain circumstances. If you would like to obtain such access, please contact us at email@example.com. In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed or removed from our database. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the email address that you use to send us your request; and before we provide you with personal information, we will ask you to provide evidence of your identity.
You may request the source of any information we collect from a third party. We will provide this at no cost, unless under the Privacy Act or other law there is a reason for this information being withheld.
If there is a reason under the Privacy Act or other law for us not to provide you with information, we will give you a written notice of refusal setting out the reasons for the refusal except to the extent it would be unreasonable to do so and the mechanisms available to you to complain about the refusal.
This Site has security measures in place to protect the loss or misuse of, or alteration or unauthorised access to, information under our control. However, if you send information from this Site, it will not be encrypted unless we expressly tell you it is.
While we do all we reasonably can to protect your Personal Information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including investing in security software, no data transfer over the Internet is 100% secure.
The open nature of the Internet is such that information exchanged via the Internet may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended. If you send us any information, including (without limitation) Personal Information, it is sent at your own risk.
If you provide Personal Information to us electronically, there are steps you can take to help maintain the information’s privacy. These include:
- always closing your browser when you have finished your session;
- NEVER providing Personal Information by using a public computer; and
- NEVER disclosing your user name and password to another person.
You are responsible for all actions taken using your username, email or password. If at any time you believe your username or password has been compromised, you should immediately contact us and also change your password.
You should also contact us immediately if you believe:
- someone has gained access to your Personal Information;
- we have breached our privacy obligations or your privacy rights in any way; or
We may change this Policy. Such changes will be effective when a notice of the change is made available on the Site. We will provide you with thirty (30) days’ notice to allow you the opportunity to notify Superfish if you do not agree to such changes.
OPT – OUT PROVISION
To protect you from unwanted email communications, Superfish adopts an opt-out facility for marketing communication. If you decide you no longer would like to receive marketing communications from us, please advise us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the instructions in the “unsubscribe” section of the email you have received.
If you request us not to use personal information in a particular manner or at all, we will adopt all reasonable measures to observe your request but we may still use or disclose that information if:
- we subsequently notify you of the intended use or disclosure and you do not object to that use or disclosure;
- we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for governmental or public security in the performance of their functions; or
- we are required by law to disclosure the information.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
Because some our server and information processing equipment is located in the USA, the information collected from you will may be stored there. By voluntarily providing information to us when using the Site, you are consenting to the collection and use of your personal information by us, including the transfer to another jurisdiction other than Australia.
Australian Privacy Principle 1 of the Privacy Act 188 (Cth) allows you to make a complaint about any alleged breaches of privacy. In order to lodge a complaint with us, please contact using with the below listed details by emailing email@example.com
Your name; Details of the alleged breach of privacy; and, URL link to the alleged breach of privacy (if applicable).
Please allow us 30 days to investigate your complaint, after which we will contact you immediately to resolve the issue.